Man wanted for robbing 43-year-old at knifepoint in Newport News
Newport News police are looking for a man who they say robbed a convenience store last month.
Police say on May 18, 2012, at approximately 10:30 p.m., a 43-year-old man was cutting through an area behind the 7-Eleven located in 1000 block of George Washington Highway. Officials say the man was approached by someone who began asking him questions.
The suspect then pulled a knife on the 43-year-old man, and took an undisclosed amount of money from his wallet. The suspect then ran away.
The suspect is described as a black male in his mid 20s, approximately 5’9” and 150 pounds.
Police encourage anyone with information about the individual in these photographs to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP or text “CHESTIP” with information to CRIMES (274637).
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire
- South Carolina mother drives van filled with kids into ocean