People Taking Action: Ross Mejias
NewsChannel 3 recognized a veteran taking action to make sure vets who pass away at the Hampton Veterans Affairs Medical Center get the respect they deserve.
Ross designed a special shroud with an American flag and the Seals of Services to be used when deceased veterans are taken out of the hospital to the morgue.
He had to get special permission from the VA for the project and find someone to make his design a reality.
He took action to make it happen using his own time and money.
And he says immediately it made a difference at the hospital.
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales