People Taking Action: Ross Mejias
NewsChannel 3 recognized a veteran taking action to make sure vets who pass away at the Hampton Veterans Affairs Medical Center get the respect they deserve.
Ross designed a special shroud with an American flag and the Seals of Services to be used when deceased veterans are taken out of the hospital to the morgue.
He had to get special permission from the VA for the project and find someone to make his design a reality.
He took action to make it happen using his own time and money.
And he says immediately it made a difference at the hospital.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found