Inmate escapes from Chesapeake City Jail; Four others charged
Chesapeake, VA – An inmate escaped from the Chesapeake City Jail on Monday. After an investigation, police say four other inmates allegedly helped him escape. They have all been charged.
They have been identified as Michael Eugene Darnell, Travis Christian, Thomas Martin Evans, Keith Kenyon McAdoo.
Forty-year-old Clancy Dan Starling was discovered missing after the 6 AM headcount.
Starling is a white male, 5’-8”, 150 pounds with brown hair and hazel eyes.
He was last seen wearing a white tank top under a white t-shirt, blue shorts and white tennis shoes. He has a right shoulder tribal tattoo, sun tattoo on his neck and ½ sleeve tattoo on his left arm.
Starling was sentenced on a probation violation that includes 2 counts of burglary and 2 counts of larceny with 15 years left to serve. He was also sentenced to 2 years Grand Larceny on Virginia Beach charges.
The Chesapeake Sheriff’s Office, Chesapeake Police and the U.S. Marshal’s Office are currently pursuing Starling.
Anyone with information concerning Starling’s location is asked to call the Chesapeake Police Department Non-Emergency number at (757) 382-6161.Submit Your Photo
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'