Teen killed at graduation party in Surry
A teenager was killed at a high school graduation party in Surry and two others wounded.
According to Surry County deputies, Tyquan Johnson was at a graduation house party with about 150 other people when someone opened fire late Saturday night. Johnson died at the scene. Two other teens were also shot.
One of the shooting victims was flown to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital for treatment. As of Sunday night, he was in fair condition.
The other victim has already been treated and released.
Johnson had just graduated from Sussex Central High School. He was a football star and graduated near the top of his class. His family says he was planning to attend North Carolina Wesleyan in the fall with a scholarship.
Deputies are still looking for the gunman. So far, there are no suspects.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Two dead in homicide-suicide shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'