Teen killed at graduation party in Surry
A teenager was killed at a high school graduation party in Surry and two others wounded.
According to Surry County deputies, Tyquan Johnson was at a graduation house party with about 150 other people when someone opened fire late Saturday night. Johnson died at the scene. Two other teens were also shot.
One of the shooting victims was flown to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital for treatment. As of Sunday night, he was in fair condition.
The other victim has already been treated and released.
Johnson had just graduated from Sussex Central High School. He was a football star and graduated near the top of his class. His family says he was planning to attend North Carolina Wesleyan in the fall with a scholarship.
Deputies are still looking for the gunman. So far, there are no suspects.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery