Body found in Suffolk ID’d as Chesapeake man
Suffolk police say it was a Chesapeake man whose body was found in a busy shopping center Wednesday morning.
Police have identified him as 53-year-old Steven Young.
“Myself, I’m not used to this; it’s a scary situation”, says Sonny Robinson, who watched police conduct their investigation.
A bright blue tent covered the pick-up truck where Young’s body was found.
A maintenance worker for the shopping center made the discovery and called police.
By 8:15 a.m., investigators converged on the area and began figuring out what happened.
“I was shocked,” says Aaron Piotrowski, a newcomer to Hampton Roads. He says he was in the area to do some shopping, and didn’t expect to see such an active police investigation.
“It’s a calmer, easygoing lifestyle. We see stuff like this, this is the kind of stuff we see in Los Angeles where we just came from, so it’s a little bit unexpected,” says Aaron.
Police say Steven Young’s body was wrapped up in some kind of material, but police have not said how long it had been there.
The medical examiner is busy trying to figure out how Young died, but police tell us circumstances surrounding the investigation lead them to believe it’s suspicious.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- "Katherine" the 14-foot-long shark could be headed to Virginia Beach
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly
- Some mail sent to sailors aboard the USS Harry S. Truman was lost at sea