Body found in Suffolk ID’d as Chesapeake man
Suffolk police say it was a Chesapeake man whose body was found in a busy shopping center Wednesday morning.
Police have identified him as 53-year-old Steven Young.
“Myself, I’m not used to this; it’s a scary situation”, says Sonny Robinson, who watched police conduct their investigation.
A bright blue tent covered the pick-up truck where Young’s body was found.
A maintenance worker for the shopping center made the discovery and called police.
By 8:15 a.m., investigators converged on the area and began figuring out what happened.
“I was shocked,” says Aaron Piotrowski, a newcomer to Hampton Roads. He says he was in the area to do some shopping, and didn’t expect to see such an active police investigation.
“It’s a calmer, easygoing lifestyle. We see stuff like this, this is the kind of stuff we see in Los Angeles where we just came from, so it’s a little bit unexpected,” says Aaron.
Police say Steven Young’s body was wrapped up in some kind of material, but police have not said how long it had been there.
The medical examiner is busy trying to figure out how Young died, but police tell us circumstances surrounding the investigation lead them to believe it’s suspicious.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom