Suffolk officer recovering at home after attack
Officer James Winslow is recovering at home tonight. He had been in the hospital since May 19.
Joe Staton is charged with attempted murder of an officer and several other charges after police say he attacked officer Winslow.
Winslow pulled over Staton on Nansemond Parkway in May when the driver got out and fled.
Police say Staton then hit officer Winslow with something.
Winslow was found unconscious in a wooded area and spent more than a week in the hospital.
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire