Woman rescued by surfers at 1st Street Jetty
In Virginia Beach – surfers helped rescued a swimmer yesterday near the 1st Street Jetty.
The girl said she was visiting from Baltimore, and does not know how to swim.
She said the waves were hitting her too quickly.
That’s when two surfers in the water for a competition saw her, and came to her rescue.
The girl went on to say she could not hear officials calling for her to stay out of that part of the water.
There were orange flags marking the section for the surfing competition so people would not get in the water, but she said she did not know what those meant.
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch
- Home invasion, then a break-in at Chesapeake home
- Two charged after children found in padlocked camper in deplorable conditions
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- Portsmouth man accused of assaulting woman, leaving infant in woods