Woman rescued by surfers at 1st Street Jetty
In Virginia Beach – surfers helped rescued a swimmer yesterday near the 1st Street Jetty.
The girl said she was visiting from Baltimore, and does not know how to swim.
She said the waves were hitting her too quickly.
That’s when two surfers in the water for a competition saw her, and came to her rescue.
The girl went on to say she could not hear officials calling for her to stay out of that part of the water.
There were orange flags marking the section for the surfing competition so people would not get in the water, but she said she did not know what those meant.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Dominion Blvd. emergency closure in place
- Police investigating after man claiming workers' comp treated day before for sports injury