Case against sailor accused of abusing baby to go to grand jury
Today, a judge determined there was enough evidence to send Micah Patterson’s case to a grand jury. Patterson is a sailor accused of neglecting and abusing his girlfriend’s baby.
The baby’s mother tearfully testified that she found bruises on her daughter’s body after Patterson watched her. Prosecutors say the autopsy report shows the baby had injuries to her neck, chest, and abdomen.
Patterson has already been indicted for second-degree murder and sex charges linked to the baby abuse.
He is scheduled to go on trial in August for those charges.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- UPDATE: Crews free stuck cargo ship