Case against sailor accused of abusing baby to go to grand jury
Today, a judge determined there was enough evidence to send Micah Patterson’s case to a grand jury. Patterson is a sailor accused of neglecting and abusing his girlfriend’s baby.
The baby’s mother tearfully testified that she found bruises on her daughter’s body after Patterson watched her. Prosecutors say the autopsy report shows the baby had injuries to her neck, chest, and abdomen.
Patterson has already been indicted for second-degree murder and sex charges linked to the baby abuse.
He is scheduled to go on trial in August for those charges.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom