Case against sailor accused of abusing baby to go to grand jury
Today, a judge determined there was enough evidence to send Micah Patterson’s case to a grand jury. Patterson is a sailor accused of neglecting and abusing his girlfriend’s baby.
The baby’s mother tearfully testified that she found bruises on her daughter’s body after Patterson watched her. Prosecutors say the autopsy report shows the baby had injuries to her neck, chest, and abdomen.
Patterson has already been indicted for second-degree murder and sex charges linked to the baby abuse.
He is scheduled to go on trial in August for those charges.
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Man accused of stealing from dying friend now a fugitive
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- Police investigating after man claiming workers' comp treated day before for sports injury
- Officials discuss plans to repair closed Bonner Bridge