Case against sailor accused of abusing baby to go to grand jury
Today, a judge determined there was enough evidence to send Micah Patterson’s case to a grand jury. Patterson is a sailor accused of neglecting and abusing his girlfriend’s baby.
The baby’s mother tearfully testified that she found bruises on her daughter’s body after Patterson watched her. Prosecutors say the autopsy report shows the baby had injuries to her neck, chest, and abdomen.
Patterson has already been indicted for second-degree murder and sex charges linked to the baby abuse.
He is scheduled to go on trial in August for those charges.
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach