Report: Franklin woman overdoses on drugs, burns car at Walmart
According to Franklin law enforcement officials, a woman allegedly overdosed on drugs and then set a car on fire in a Walmart parking lot.
On Wednesday, May 23, at 6:28 p.m., police and emergency crews responded to a car fire in the Walmart parking lot located at 1500 Armory Drive.
When police arrived, they say shoppers nearby pulled a person from a burning vehicle. Officials identified the occupant of the vehicle as a 56-year-old woman from Stafford, Virginia. The 2008 Saturn SUV was completely destroyed in the fire.
Police say the woman had taken an excessive amount of prescription medication; however, she was conscious at the scene.
The woman was flown to MCV Hospital by a Virginia State Police helicopter.
The woman’s condition is not known at this time.
Police say this woman had been reported missing from her sister’s home in Hertford County, North Carolina on Wednesday around 12:00 p.m. after her sister found a letter from her.
NewsChannel 3 will post updates as they become available.
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Mom forces bullying daughter to don thrift store threads
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- At least 24 killed in mammoth tornado; more bodies expected
- Virginia Beach man charged with wife's murder