Report: Franklin woman overdoses on drugs, burns car at Walmart
According to Franklin law enforcement officials, a woman allegedly overdosed on drugs and then set a car on fire in a Walmart parking lot.
On Wednesday, May 23, at 6:28 p.m., police and emergency crews responded to a car fire in the Walmart parking lot located at 1500 Armory Drive.
When police arrived, they say shoppers nearby pulled a person from a burning vehicle. Officials identified the occupant of the vehicle as a 56-year-old woman from Stafford, Virginia. The 2008 Saturn SUV was completely destroyed in the fire.
Police say the woman had taken an excessive amount of prescription medication; however, she was conscious at the scene.
The woman was flown to MCV Hospital by a Virginia State Police helicopter.
The woman’s condition is not known at this time.
Police say this woman had been reported missing from her sister’s home in Hertford County, North Carolina on Wednesday around 12:00 p.m. after her sister found a letter from her.
NewsChannel 3 will post updates as they become available.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- "Katherine" the 14-foot-long shark could be headed to Virginia Beach
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly
- Who wrote it -- man or woman? Take our handwriting quiz!