Virginia Beach man charged in vow renewal shooting
Police have identified and charged a man in a shooting that happened over the weekend.
On May 19, 2012, at approximately 10:25 p.m., Virginia Beach dispatchers received a 911 call for a fight in the 300 block of Birchwood Park Drive.
Moments later, dispatch received another call reporting gunshots fired at the same location.
Police and EMS crews responded and found two victims suffering from gunshot wounds. Both victims were transported to local hospitals.
Police say one victim was treated for a non-life threatening injury. The second victim is listed in critical, but stable, condition.
According to police officials, the victims were attending a family gathering and a fight broke out among several people. According to witnesses at the party, shots were fired and people ran out of the building calling 911.
Investigators have identified the suspect as 35-year-old Jermaine Taron Belvin, of the 5400 block of Coach Circle in Virginia Beach.
He has been charged with Malicious Assault and Use of a Firearm. He is currently being held at the Virginia Beach Correctional Center without bond.
This case remains under investigation.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen