OBX locals hope for great season after Hurricane Irene cut last year short
He says they’ve had a busy spring. Already tourists have spent $2.5 million more on restaurants and lodging this year compared to last year, making this spring the 2nd best on record.
While there are still signs of Irene’s damage to the community, a strong summer will hopefully put that damage behind them.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- UPDATE: Cargo ship runs aground in Virginia Beach; crews to start salvage plan Friday
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call