OBX locals hope for great season after Hurricane Irene cut last year short
He says they’ve had a busy spring. Already tourists have spent $2.5 million more on restaurants and lodging this year compared to last year, making this spring the 2nd best on record.
While there are still signs of Irene’s damage to the community, a strong summer will hopefully put that damage behind them.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home