OBX locals hope for great season after Hurricane Irene cut last year short
He says they’ve had a busy spring. Already tourists have spent $2.5 million more on restaurants and lodging this year compared to last year, making this spring the 2nd best on record.
While there are still signs of Irene’s damage to the community, a strong summer will hopefully put that damage behind them.
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- Inside the Moore tornado: What it looked like from a storm shelter (Video)
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- 10 amazing photos of the Moore, Oklahoma tornado
- Oklahoma tornado rated an EF-5 by NWS