One-two punch of rain on the way
It looks like Monday’s sprinkles are going to give way to some pretty good downpours over the next few days. For almost a week now, we’ve been tracking a storm system that developed in Texas and has slowly been making its way across the deep south and in our direction. We should feel the brunt of that storm late Monday and into Tuesday.
That storm system will give us a good chance for wet weather throughout the day on Tuesday, but especially in the morning hours. Our best chance for any thunderstorm development, though, will be in the late afternoon.
By Tuesday afternoon, that storm system will be moving away from us. However, a secondary system will develop in its wake, giving us a good chance for more widely scattered showers and storms on Wednesday.
So how much rain can we expect for this one-two punch? Here’s what our VIPIRcast Forecast Model is telling us. It looks like most of us won’t see quite as much as we got from last week’s deluge. But many of us can expect an inch or more of rain by late Wednesday.
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Mom forces bullying daughter to don thrift store threads
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- Virginia Beach man charged with wife's murder
- 51 killed in mammoth Oklahoma tornado; 40 more bodies expected