Dozens displaced by Navy jet crash move back into homes
Today – dozens of people displaced after the Navy jet crashed into an apartment complex in Virginia Beach last month will be back in their homes.
The Navy gave the OK yesterday and handed over the Mayfair Mews Apartments property back to the owner.
Pat Kavanaugh came by to get ready for the move.
He actually helped rescue one of the pilots after the crash.
More than a month later – he says though everything is cleaned up, the memories still haunt him.
“I stepped outside and saw where the pilot had landed and I walked around the sidewalks, it got a little erie.”
The Navy’s investigation into the crash and how it happened is ongoing.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery