Daycare, fellowship hall damaged in Norfolk church fire
A church caught fire overnight in Norfolk.
The fire started just before 12:30 a.m. Wednesday morning at Royster Presbyterian Church on Newport Avenue.
Crews told the pastor the fire may have started in the kitchen.
The pastor says most of the damage was in the church daycare and fellowship hall.
The pastor says tonight’s fellowship meeting and Bible study will not be held at the church. He’s also worried about services this Sunday.
This morning, the pastor didn’t have an alternative location for church services. Stay tuned for more information.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time