Helicopter makes precautionary emergency landing in Virginia Beach
According to Mike Maus, Public Affairs Officer with the Navy, an MH-53 Sea Dragon helicopter from Helicopter Mine Countermeasures Squadron (HM) 14 made a precautionary emergency landing in Virginia Beach near Naval Air Station Oceana .
There were no injuries reported and no damage.
According to Virginia Beach dispatch, the city is assisting with traffic control. One fire unit responded to the 1600 block of Harpers Rd.
According to Tim Riley of the Virginia Beach Fire Department, the helicopter landed in a field off Harpers Rd. There were 8 crewmen on board says Riley.
Maintenance crews from HM-14 at Naval Station Norfolk Chamber’s Field have responded to the scene.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Man struck and killed by truck in Newport News; driver arrested