Helicopter makes precautionary emergency landing in Virginia Beach
According to Mike Maus, Public Affairs Officer with the Navy, an MH-53 Sea Dragon helicopter from Helicopter Mine Countermeasures Squadron (HM) 14 made a precautionary emergency landing in Virginia Beach near Naval Air Station Oceana .
There were no injuries reported and no damage.
According to Virginia Beach dispatch, the city is assisting with traffic control. One fire unit responded to the 1600 block of Harpers Rd.
According to Tim Riley of the Virginia Beach Fire Department, the helicopter landed in a field off Harpers Rd. There were 8 crewmen on board says Riley.
Maintenance crews from HM-14 at Naval Station Norfolk Chamber’s Field have responded to the scene.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom