Warm, wet and (possibly) stormy Thursday
The weather is always a trade-off, isn’t it? It looks like we’re going to get the warmer weather that many of you have been hoping for. But we’re also going to get more showers and storms. A big storm system will dive out of the northwest on Thursday.
As the system approaches, expect showers and (possibly) a few thunderstorms early on Thursday as a warm front moves in. It looks like our best rain chances will be early in the day. But we can’t rule out a few more showers and storms developing in the afternoon.
With that warm front and some cloud breaks in the afternoon, we should see high temperatures close to the 80 degree mark. That will also add to our instability. So as a cold front approaches later in the afternoon, we’ll have a chance of thunderstorms developing. Anything that does develop could be on the strong-to-severe side. Here’s a look at our severe weather threat.
Bottom line: Showers and storms likely on Thursday morning and possible in the afternoon. Some could be severe. Expect highs in the upper 70s to middle 80s.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Man struck and killed by truck in Newport News; driver arrested