Four 5-ounce tilapia fillets
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper – could also use lemon pepper
Four 12 X 20-inch pieces aluminum foil
1 medium zucchini, sliced into thin rounds
1 medium carrot, sliced into thin rounds
1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and cut into a small dice
2 medium shallots, thinly sliced
½ C dry white wine – I used Chenin Blanc
2 T olive oil
1 lemon, thinly sliced
Method of Preparation:
Preheat the oven to 425*.
- Season the fish fillets with the salt and pepper. Place one fish fillet at the center of each piece of foil. Evenly distribute the zucchini, carrot, bell pepper, and shallots among the four packets. Sprinkle each fillet with 2T of the wine and ½ T of the oil. Top each fillet with 3 lemon slices.
- Seal the packets securely, leaving a little room to allow the fish to steam. Transfer the packets to a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
Remove from the oven and carefully open the packets. Remove the lemon slices. Serve the fish topped with the vegetables
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News