Beach city council to vote on light rail referendum
City council is scheduled to vote on this referendum question tomorrow: “Should the city council adopt an ordinance approving the use of all reasonable efforts to support the financing and development of the Tide light rail into Virginia Beach?”
If they pass it, then light rail’s future will be on the ballot in Virginia Beach on November 6th.
If the referendum gets voter approval, it still doesn’t guarantee the Tide will come.
It has to qualify for federal money and ultimately city council will have the final say.
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire; two others injured
- South Carolina mother drives van filled with kids into ocean