Beach city council to vote on light rail referendum
City council is scheduled to vote on this referendum question tomorrow: “Should the city council adopt an ordinance approving the use of all reasonable efforts to support the financing and development of the Tide light rail into Virginia Beach?”
If they pass it, then light rail’s future will be on the ballot in Virginia Beach on November 6th.
If the referendum gets voter approval, it still doesn’t guarantee the Tide will come.
It has to qualify for federal money and ultimately city council will have the final say.
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch
- Home invasion, then a break-in at Chesapeake home
- Two charged after children found in padlocked camper in deplorable conditions
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- Portsmouth man accused of assaulting woman, leaving infant in woods