Beach city council to vote on light rail referendum
City council is scheduled to vote on this referendum question tomorrow: “Should the city council adopt an ordinance approving the use of all reasonable efforts to support the financing and development of the Tide light rail into Virginia Beach?”
If they pass it, then light rail’s future will be on the ballot in Virginia Beach on November 6th.
If the referendum gets voter approval, it still doesn’t guarantee the Tide will come.
It has to qualify for federal money and ultimately city council will have the final say.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations