Storm chasers: “Outrageously stupid” or life savers?
This weekend’s tornado outbreak reignited an ongoing debate about storm chasers. One emergency official complained of storm chaser traffic jams that slowed down emergency vehicles. He called it all “outrageously stupid.” But professional storm chasers argue that they provide a life-saving service, with their on-the-spot reports to the National Weather Service. Check out the stories below and let us know what you think in the comments section.
Join me on Facebook and Twitter for frequent weather updates:
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Virginia Beach teen killed in six-car crash on I-64 in Hampton
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years