Storm chasers: “Outrageously stupid” or life savers?
This weekend’s tornado outbreak reignited an ongoing debate about storm chasers. One emergency official complained of storm chaser traffic jams that slowed down emergency vehicles. He called it all “outrageously stupid.” But professional storm chasers argue that they provide a life-saving service, with their on-the-spot reports to the National Weather Service. Check out the stories below and let us know what you think in the comments section.
Join me on Facebook and Twitter for frequent weather updates:
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket