Storm chasers: “Outrageously stupid” or life savers?
This weekend’s tornado outbreak reignited an ongoing debate about storm chasers. One emergency official complained of storm chaser traffic jams that slowed down emergency vehicles. He called it all “outrageously stupid.” But professional storm chasers argue that they provide a life-saving service, with their on-the-spot reports to the National Weather Service. Check out the stories below and let us know what you think in the comments section.
Join me on Facebook and Twitter for frequent weather updates:
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Man struck and killed by truck in Newport News; driver arrested