Chesapeake fire crews respond to two structure fires
Photo submitted by Anita Wyrick
Chesapeake fire crews were called to two different structure fires on Monday.
The first fire occurred in Western Branch on 4716 Helensburgh Drive. When crews arrived, they say they found heavy smoke and flames were visible. They have completed a secondary search of the residence. The fire destroyed a car in the back yard, a deck and the roof on the backside of house.
The second fire was reported in the 400 block of Parker Road in Great Bridge. A single-story garage was on fire. It is about 100 feet away from the home. One firefighter was injured and he was transported to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Dominion Blvd. emergency closure in place
- Police investigating after man claiming workers' comp treated day before for sports injury