Jet crash survivors attend annual Easter sunrise service
Sunday’s annual Easter service at Fort Story was extra special.
There for the sun rise service was Virgina Beach Mayor Will Sessoms, service members and many who survived the jet crash-all thankful to have their lives.
Sessoms spoke to the crowd about the blessing they’d all witnessed.
“Some are calling it the “miracle on 24th Street”, others: “the Good Friday miracle.” Every person involved in that incident-the pilot, the residents, the first responders can wake up to this glorious day that God has made and hug their loved ones, that is truly miraculous.”
This is the 85th annual Easter sunrise service held at the historic Cape Henry Memorial Cross at Fort Story.
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- FBI agent kills alleged friend of Boston bombers in Orlando
- Inside the Moore tornado: What it looked like from a storm shelter (Video)
- Woman and roommate accused of trying to cause miscarriage
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified