Jet crash survivors attend annual Easter sunrise service
Sunday’s annual Easter service at Fort Story was extra special.
There for the sun rise service was Virgina Beach Mayor Will Sessoms, service members and many who survived the jet crash-all thankful to have their lives.
Sessoms spoke to the crowd about the blessing they’d all witnessed.
“Some are calling it the “miracle on 24th Street”, others: “the Good Friday miracle.” Every person involved in that incident-the pilot, the residents, the first responders can wake up to this glorious day that God has made and hug their loved ones, that is truly miraculous.”
This is the 85th annual Easter sunrise service held at the historic Cape Henry Memorial Cross at Fort Story.
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Woman's body found on Yorktown Beach
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million