Animals at the shelter in Elizabeth City are getting a helping hand from some caring students.Northeastern High School raised almost $1,700 in cash and about $800 worth of food, cat litter, and other supplies.
The students, organized by the FFA Club, raised the money in about two weeks – much of it just by collecting loose change.
The shelter manager says it’s greatly needed and it’s one of the largest donations they have seen over the past year.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified