Animals at the shelter in Elizabeth City are getting a helping hand from some caring students.Northeastern High School raised almost $1,700 in cash and about $800 worth of food, cat litter, and other supplies.
The students, organized by the FFA Club, raised the money in about two weeks – much of it just by collecting loose change.
The shelter manager says it’s greatly needed and it’s one of the largest donations they have seen over the past year.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Dominion Blvd. emergency closure in place
- Police investigating after man claiming workers' comp treated day before for sports injury