Restaurant chain pulls out of Hampton Roads
A restaurant chain suddenly pulled out of Hampton Roads last night, leaving dozens of workers unemployed in the new year.
The Silver Diner on Virginia Beach Boulevard in the Thalia Village section of the city, served its last customer Sunday night.
The same thing happened at the Newport News location.
Now, workers who have known each other for years are going their separate ways.
Silver Diner sent this statement to NewsChannel 3:
“Unfortunately, sales never reached sufficient levels to make our stores in Southeastern Virginia profitable. Facing higher costs, coupled with the monthly losses we were sustaining, we could no longer continue to operate these locations”.
The company says it offered all of its employees severance packages, or chances to work at other Silver Diners in the Richmond and D.C. areas.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom