Navy performing mold inspections, waiting for results
The Navy is now inspecting 14 homes for mold. Their contractor, Marine Chemist Services, has already performed nine of them.
Many of these families came to NewsChannel 3 for help and we took action.
Maintenance has visited 610 homes and 184 of them requested tests.
The results from one of the mold tests has come in, but the Navy has not given that information to NewsChannel 3 because the family has to be informed first.
One of the 14 families is being moved by Lincoln at the Navy’s request.
The inspections began Wednesday, Dec. 14 and will continue until all inspections are completed. As of today, nine inspections have been completed out of the 14 that have been scheduled.
They have put the testing on hold for now so that workers are able to go home for the holidays but Lincoln has not confirmed.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Update: Two dead in homicide-suicide shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'