Navy performing mold inspections, waiting for results
The Navy is now inspecting 14 homes for mold. Their contractor, Marine Chemist Services, has already performed nine of them.
Many of these families came to NewsChannel 3 for help and we took action.
Maintenance has visited 610 homes and 184 of them requested tests.
The results from one of the mold tests has come in, but the Navy has not given that information to NewsChannel 3 because the family has to be informed first.
One of the 14 families is being moved by Lincoln at the Navy’s request.
The inspections began Wednesday, Dec. 14 and will continue until all inspections are completed. As of today, nine inspections have been completed out of the 14 that have been scheduled.
They have put the testing on hold for now so that workers are able to go home for the holidays but Lincoln has not confirmed.
- Home invasion, then a break-in at Chesapeake home
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch
- Portsmouth man accused of assaulting woman, leaving infant in woods
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- Hampton man who died after being placed in emergency custody identified