Freeze Watch in effect 2 – 9 a.m. Wednesday for many areas as temperatures drop

Virginia Beach ‘More Than Pink Walk’ supports Susan G. Komen

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. – October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and an October 12 event supported research towards a cure while also providing community.

The More Than Pink Walk, the next evolution in the history of the Race for the Cure series, took place at the Oceanfront October 12 from 7 – 11 a.m.

Susan G. Komen said, “Much of what you have come to love about the Race will continue with the More Than Pink Walk, but with a fresh, new look and experience that is sure to energize our community around the lifesaving work your support makes possible. This new, more interactive format will help us build a greater sense of community among participants. And, by eliminating the separate timed run, we will significantly reduce event expenses allowing us to maximize the funds that go toward our lifesaving work.”

Komen Tidewater invests 75 percent of the net funds raised in local breast health program that provide screening, diagnostics,education, patient navigation, and support. The remaining 25 percent is invested in groundbreaking national research for breast cancer.

Click here to learn more about the event.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.