Suffolk firefighters quickly put out small cooking fire

SUFFOLK, Va. – Firefighters in Suffolk acted quickly to put out a small cooking fire Sunday night.

Firefighters were called to the Hoffler Apartments on East Washington Street just after 8 p.m. They found smoke showing from an upstairs apartment.

According to fire officials, the small fire was contained to the kitchen.

No one was hurt and the residents will be able to stay in the apartment.

Firefighters say this was an accidental cooking fire.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.