News

Actions

Firefighters in Chesapeake respond to a garage fire

Posted: 11:09 AM, Sep 13, 2019
Updated: 2019-09-13 11:10:16-04
Firefighters in Chesapeake respond to a garage fire

Photo provided by the City of Chesapeake.

CHESAPEAKE, Va. – An appliance failure in a garage in Chesapeake sparked a fire at a home in the city.

According to officails, the garage fire was in the 1000 block of Forrest Lake Drive and firefighters responded to it around 8 a.m.

Officials added that nearby residents noticed smoke coming from the two-story home and beat on the door to alert the homeowners, who then safely evacuated.

None of the home’s living area was damaged.