Firefighters in Chesapeake respond to a garage fire

Photo provided by the City of Chesapeake.

CHESAPEAKE, Va. – An appliance failure in a garage in Chesapeake sparked a fire at a home in the city.

According to officails, the garage fire was in the 1000 block of Forrest Lake Drive and firefighters responded to it around 8 a.m.

Officials added that nearby residents noticed smoke coming from the two-story home and beat on the door to alert the homeowners, who then safely evacuated.

None of the home’s living area was damaged.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.