Person displaced after kitchen fire in Portsmouth

PORTSMOUTH, Va - The Portsmouth Fire Department responded to a fire in the 2500 block of Acorn Street Sunday.

According to officials, when crews arrived, they made a quick knockdown of the fire and were able to prevent it from spreading into a neighboring unit.

The homeowner told reporter Kofo Lasaki that his tenant left something on the stove and that’s what started a fire in the kitchen.

The resident was not home at the time of the fire, and the Red Cross will assist them.

There are no further details at this time.

Google Map for coordinates 36.819755 by -76.314763.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.