Firefighters respond to business fire in the Outer Banks Mall

NAGS HEAD, N.C. – Firefighters responded to a business that was caught fire on Friday.

Around 12:11 p.m., officials were made aware of a structure fire at the Yellow Submarine Restaurant in the Outer Banks Mall.

The original reports stated that there was smoke coming from the air conditioning vent.

Firefighters discovered an overheated rooftop Heating Ventilation Air-conditioning unit when they arrived on scene.

After securing the HVAC system, smoke was then cleared from inside the structure.

There is no further information at this time.

Stay with News 3 for updates. 

Google Map for coordinates 35.937676 by -75.616812.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.