“Sesame Street” is turning 50 this year, and in celebration, the show is hitting the road.
Big Bird, Elmo and the Muppets will visit 10 cities this summer, holding three-day festivals in each city they stop in. According to Sesame Street’s website, the tour will begin June 1 in New York City’s Denny Farrell Riverbank State Park, and will continue to the following cities:
- Washington D.C., Anacostia National Park, June 8
- Pittsburgh, Flagstaff Hill at Schenley Park, June 15
- Detroit, Lafayette Plaisance Park, June 22
- Chicago, MSI Park, June 29
- Dallas, Main Street Garden Park, July 6
- Kansas City, Frank A. Theis Park, July 13
- Denver, Araphoe Community College, July 20
- Seattle, location TBA, July 27
- Los Angeles, location TBA, August 3
According to Sesame Street, every stop will include a stage show, activities and community celebrations.