Man displaced after house fire in James City County

Photo courtesy: jamescitycountyva.gov

WILLIAMSBURG, Va. – Firefighters responded to a house fire in the 70 block of Winster Fax in the Kingsmill subdivision on Sunday.

The call for the incident came in around 4:14 p.m. The homeowner reported a kitchen fire to officials.

When units arrived they found heavy fire conditions among the house.

The fire was brought under control at 4:49 p.m. There was a lot of fire damage to the first floor and smoke damage to the second floor.

The fire was determined to be caused by unattended cooking. There were no injuries reported.

Google Map for coordinates 37.232306 by -76.664639.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.