Ozzy Osbourne postponing all 2019 concert dates after illness, injury

Ozzy Osbourne won’t be performing this year.

It was announced Thursday on the singer’s official Instagram account that he would be pressing pause on his planned tour.

“OZZY will postpone all his 2019 tour dates, inclusive of shows in North America and Europe, as he recovers from an injury sustained while dealing with his recent bout of pneumonia,” the caption to the story read. “The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee and Grammy®-winning singer and songwriter and 2019 Grammy® Special Merit Award recipient fell at his Los Angeles home aggravating years-old injuries (from his 2003 ATV accident) that required surgery last month.”

View this post on Instagram

OZZY will postpone all his 2019 tour dates, inclusive of shows in North America and Europe, as he recovers from an injury sustained while dealing with his recent bout of pneumonia. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee and Grammy®-winning singer and songwriter and 2019 Grammy® Special Merit Award recipient fell at his Los Angeles home aggravating years-old injuries (from his 2003 ATV accident) that required surgery last month. OSBOURNE will remain under doctor’s care in Los Angeles as he recovers. Says OZZY: “I can’t believe I have to reschedule more tour dates. Words cannot express how frustrated, angry and depressed I am not to be able to tour right now. I’m grateful for the love and support I’m getting from my family, my band, friends and fans, it’s really what’s keeping me going. Just know that I am getting better every day…I will fully recover…I will finish my tour…I will be back!” The shows will be rescheduled beginning in February 2020 and concert-goers are being asked to hold onto their original tickets, as they will be honored for the rescheduled dates. Because some of the 2019 dates were festival appearances, not all will be rescheduled. Below are the new North American dates; the Los Angeles Hollywood Bowl show will be rescheduled in July 2020, exact date TBA. The 2020 UK and European dates will be announced in the coming weeks.

A post shared by Ozzy Osbourne (@ozzyosbourne) on

The 70-year-old star will remain under a doctor’s care in Los Angeles as he recovers.

Osbourne had earlier postponed dates because of his illness and in a statement expressed his disappointment.

Related: Mick Jagger to undergo heart surgery 

He assured his followers that he would be back.

“Words cannot express how frustrated, angry and depressed I am not to be able to tour right now,” Osbourne said on his Instagram. “I’m grateful for the love and support I’m getting from my family, my band, friends and fans, it’s really what’s keeping me going. Just know that I am getting better every day…I will fully recover…I will finish my tour…I will be back!”

Those who purchased tickets are being asked to hold on to them as concerts are planned to be rescheduled beginning in February 2020.

Osbourne was also supposed to perform at some festivals. Those appearances will not be rescheduled.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.