Ammonia pipe burst at Premium Pet Health in Smithfield

SMITHFIELD, Va. – Police have responded to an ammonia pipe burst that happened around noon Thursday at a Premium Pet Health.

The ammonia pipe busted inside the plant but was completely contained within the facility.

Employee’s have been evacuated for safety reasons. Currently, there are two reported employees with injuries due to the exposure.

The pipe has since been resolved with any further issues. Regional Hazmat team out of Portsmouth also responded to the scene.

There is no further information at this time. Stay with News 3 for updates.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.