PORTSMOUTH, Va. – Portsmouth officials have responded to an apartment fire that was reported around 5:45 p.m. on Thursday.
The apartment fire was in the 600 block of South Street and the first arriving unit located it on the third floor.
Officials say one person has been displaced and is staying with family members.
Power was restored to two other apartments and those occupants are now allowed back into their units.
The firefighters reported to have the fire under control at 6 p.m.
There have been no injuries reported at this time. The cause of the fire is believed to be unattended cooking.
There is no further information. Stay with News 3 as we update this story.