Heat Advisory for all of Hampton Roads and NE North Carolina until 7 p.m. Thursday

One person displaced after apartment fire in Portsmouth

PORTSMOUTH, Va. – Portsmouth officials have responded to an apartment fire that was reported around 5:45 p.m. on Thursday.

The apartment fire was in the 600 block of South Street and the first arriving unit located it on the third floor.

Officials say one person has been displaced and is staying with family members.

Power was restored to two other apartments and those occupants are now allowed back into their units.

The firefighters reported to have the fire under control at 6 p.m.

There have been no injuries reported at this time. The cause of the fire is believed to be unattended cooking.

There is no further information. Stay with News 3 as we update this story.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.