Majority of Hampton Roads and northeastern N.C. under a Heat Advisory until 6 p.m. Tuesday

Family of four displaced after Chesapeake mobile home fire

CHESAPEAKE, Va. – Four people have been displaced after a mobile home fire in the Deep Creek section of Chesapeake Thursday.

(CFD)

According to officials with the Chesapeake Fire Department, the fire was called in at 2:18 p.m. in the 1400 block of Deep Creek Boulevard after police officers patrolling the area noticed smoke.

Heavy fire was showing from the single-wide trailer when firefighters arrived on scene four minutes later.

The fire was marked under control at 2:39 p.m.

No one was at home at the time of the fire, but authorities say a dog was inside and did not survive. No other injuries were reported.

The Red Cross is assisting the family with lodging arrangements.

The fire’s cause was ruled to be a space heater plugged into an extension cord. The Chesapeake Fire Department reminds everyone that space heaters need to be plugged directly into wall outlets, as extension cords can easily overheat.

Download the News 3 app for updates. 

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.