The federal government shutdown is being blamed for flight delays at major airports in New York, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Orlando and Atlanta due to staffing shortages at critical air traffic control centers.
It's also impacting commuters at Norfolk International Airport (ORF).
Flights at LaGuardia, Newark Liberty International and Philadelphia International airports were delayed Friday morning by less than an hour, on average, according to the FAA. Orlando International Airport and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport saw similar lags, the agency reported.
There are also multiple arrivals and departures to and from Norfolk International Airport (ORF) that have already been delayed.
Check delays for departures and arrivals at Norfolk International Airport here.
Current departures that are delayed:
- Delta Air Lines flight 5281 to New York, New York
- United Airlines flight 3971 to Newark, New Jersey
- American Airlines flight 3846 to New York, New York
- Delta Air Lines flight 5287 to New York, New York
- United Air Lines flight 3631 to Chicago, Illinois
- American Airlines flight 2973 to Chicago, Illinois
- United Airlines flight 5823 to Chicago, Illinois