Norfolk resident hospitalized after house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

NORFOLK, Va. – One person is in the hospital after a fire in the 7400 block of Tapley Avenue Wednesday night.

Units with Norfolk Fire-Rescue responded to the scene at 8:35 p.m., arriving to find a fire in downstairs room in the back of the two-story home.

The fire was called under control at 9:09 p.m.

Authorities say the residents were at home at the time of the fire. One person was taken to a local hospital with unknown injuries.

Due to fire damage throughout the home, the residents will be displaced.

The fire marshal’s office is currently investigating the fire.

Download the News 3 app for updates. 

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.