VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. - The city and Venture Realty Group have reached a tentative development for a major project at the old Dome site at the Oceanfront, City Councilman Elect David Nygaard tells News 3.
Before construction would begin, city council members would still have to give more input and vote.
The proposed project includes mixed-use, multi-venue entertainment complex on a 10.35-acre property located between 18th and 20th streets known as the old Dome site.
Venture Realty estimates that the Dome site project will have a $275-$300M price tag and construction could begin as early as Spring of 2019.
Venture Realty previously entered a partnership with musician Pharrell Williams and they have high hopes to transform the Oceanfront.
The City says these are the proposed features of the site:
- Year-round destination with programming for locals
- and tourists
- Wavegarden Surf Park (1,000 waves per hour)
- 3,500-seat live entertainment venue
- Unique/new to market retail & restauarants
- Additional entertainment concepts
- 350 +/- residential units