Chesapeake house fire started by unattended candle displaces 4 people on Christmas

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CHESAPEAKE, Va. - Four people have been displaced after a Tuesday night house fire.

The Chesapeake Fire Department was dispatched to the 20 block of King George Quay at 8:39 p.m. Arriving six minutes later, they found a two-story townhome with light smoke visible from the outside.

Firefighters investigated the smoke and found a bedroom on the second floor on fire. Crews entered the building, and the fire was extinguished at 8:53 p.m.

Only one adult was home at the time of the fire, and no injuries were reported.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.