Family of 8 displaced after Newport News house fire

NEWPORT NEWS, Va. – Firefighters arrived at a house fire on Marshall avenue this afternoon.

Officials say they found a fire in the kitchen at 3:06 p.m.

The fire was quickly put out and firefighters say it was started by accident.

There were no injuries reported.

The Red Cross is helping six adults and two children who have been displaced.

There were several pets in the home at the time. They are all safe.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.