Chesapeake Applebee’s evacuated after reports of smoke

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CHESAPEAKE, Va. – The Applebee’s at 1520 Sam’s Circle was evacuated Monday afternoon after reports of smoke in the building.

The call came in at 3:07 p.m.

Photo: News 3 viewer

No fire was visible when units with the Chesapeake Fire Department arrived, but power was shut off to several areas of the restaurant.

Authorities believe the smoke appeared to have been caused by an electrical problem. The health department has been notified as part of standard protocol.

As of 5:30 p.m., the fire department said the business was closed.

Applebee’s has contacted a repair service to address the issue.

No injuries were reported.

Download the News 3 app for updates. 

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.