No injuries reported after grease fire at Perdue Farms

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

ACCOMACK Co., Va. – No injuries were reported after a grease fire ignited at Perdue Farms, located in the 22000 block of Lankford Highway.

According to the Parksley Volunteer Fire Department, the fire occurred Friday at 2 p.m. A contractor for Valley Proteins was welding near a bulk store tank that contained grease, and a fire ignited.

It took approximately one hour to get the fire under control and the scene cleared.

The fire did not cause major damage to the facility, according to crews.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.