NORFOLK, Va. – Edward Davis, who pleaded guilty in June to an April house fire in the 500 block of E. Olney Road, will serve 2 years behind bars and 14 years of probation for his role in the incident.
His charges were:
- Burglary – 1 year with 1 year suspended + 5 years probation
- Petit larceny – 6 months with 6 months suspended + 2 years probation
- Arson of an occupied dwelling – 3 years with 1 year suspended + 5 years probation
- Attempted malicious wounding – 1 year with 1 year suspended
- Damage to property – 6 months with 6 months suspended + 2 years probation
On April 30, smoke and flames were visible from the residence as fire crews arrived. They were able to quickly extinguish the fire several minutes after arriving.
Davis was picked up walking in the area of Henry and Wide Streets.