VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. – Walmart is now making shopping easier for Virginia Beach customers.
Walmart announced they are expanding the popular Online Grocery Delivery service to bring delivery to the doorsteps of Virginia Beach, and the Hampton, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Williamsburg, Yorktown, Portsmouth and Newport News areas.
According to Walmart, here is how to new system works:
- Order and choose a pickup time: Customers visit walmart.com/grocery or through the Walmart Grocery mobile app, enter their zip codes and begin creating their shopping lists. During checkout, they select a time to for their order to be delivered. At the time of checkout, customers will pay the delivery fee. No money is exchanged at the customer’s door.
- User friendly shopping: When customers are creating their order, the search feature at the top of the screen makes it easy to directly search for the exact item they need to add to their cart. Customers can also filter items that meet their special dietary needs too, like gluten free, paleo and non-dairy products.
- Personal grocery shoppers fill the basket: Highly trained personal shoppers carefully select the freshest produce, meats and other items each customer requested. All Walmart grocery orders are backed by our freshness guarantee.
- Delivery: Delivery partners will be requested by a Walmart grocery associate when the order is ready to be delivered, who will then drive directly to the customer’s location during the 1-hour delivery window they chose.
- Offer: Customers can get their first order delivered for free with promo code FRESHCAR with a $50 minimum order.
Online Grocery Delivery is an extension of Walmart’s curbside pickup service, which is available at 19 stores in the Virginia Beach metro area.
The retailer plans to roll out Online Grocery Delivery to 100 metro areas by the end of this year.