Dryer fire displaces one person from Chesapeake home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CHESAPEAKE, Va. – One adult is displaced after a Friday afternoon fire damaged their home on Colonial Way.

Firefighters were dispatched to the scene at 12:29 p.m.for a reported dryer fire. When they arrived, they found a two-story, mid-row townhouse with heavy smoke coming from its back.

Crews entered the home and extinguished the fire, which began in the kitchen, before it spread to other areas of the home. The fire was brought under control at 12:38 p.m. and fully extinguished at 12:50 p.m.

No injuries were reported. The home’s occupant is making lodging accommodations because of smoke damage to the home.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.