VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. – The Beach Bags program provides shelf-stable meals and healthy snacks to VBCPS students who might otherwise go hungry on weekends or during school vacations.
Thursday, October 25 you can donate food to the Beach Bags program at various locations in Virginia Beach.
News 3 and Southern Bank are partnering with Virginia Beach Public Schools, Pembroke Mall and the Virginia Beach Education Foundation in collecting items such as:
- Individual-sized cereal boxes or oatmeal
- 8-ounce servings of shelf-stable milk
- Individual-sized meals (ravioli, spaghetti and meatballs, macaroni and cheese, chunky soups, etc.)
- 4-ounce or larger fruit cups
- 100% juice boxes
- Individually wrapped snack items (granola bars, pudding cups, pretzels, trail mix, snack crackers, etc.)
- Monetary donations are also accepted
You can drop off donations at the following locations on October 25
- Pembroke Mall from 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Click here for a list of school drop off locations – all accept donations during regular school hours