Street sweeper catches fire in Janaf Shopping Center parking lot

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

News 3 viewer photo

NORFOLK, Va. – No injuries were reported after a street sweeper caught fire in the Janaf Shopping Center parking lot Sunday night, according to public information officers.

A patrol officer was notified that a vehicle was on fire in the parking lot out front of Payless ShoeSource around 10:30 p.m. When police arrived, they observed a street sweeper fully engulfed in flames.

Norfolk Fire-Rescue was called to extinguish the fire.

The driver of the sweeper was able to escape without injury.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.