NORFOLK, Va. – Fall is here and so are harvest festivals, arts and entertainment throughout the month of October in Norfolk.
The City of Norfolk is celebrating the month of October with “Norfolktoberfest” and offering tons of activities to the public.
Check the schedule below to see the upcoming events.
Friday, October 5:
- First Friday in Downtown Norfolk, 5-8:30 p.m.
- Books & Brew & Vino Too! Slover Library 7 p.m.
- Country music’s Jake Owen, Ted Constant Center 7 p.m.
- 80’s Britpop legends English Beat, 8 p.m. at the NorVa
- World of Dance , Chrysler Hall, 7:30 p.m.
- Ribbon cutting for the East Coast’s first Seabin, Nauticus, 5-6 p.m.
Saturday, October 6:
- 30th Annual Virginia Children’s Festival at Town Point Park. 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- EdZooCation during Croctober at the Virginia Zoo. 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Handmade crafts/ local beers at Chelsea West Fest, Chelsea Business District, 12-6 p.m.
- MacArthur Center’s Hispanic Festival / Annual Neighborhood Expo, Military Circle Mall, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Norfolk Arbor Day, Lafayette Park, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Series of Unfortunate Deaths tour at Norfolk’s Cedar Grove Cemetery. 2-3:30 p.m.
Friday, October 12:
- Colin Mochrie and Brad Sherwood in Scared Scriptless, Chrysler Hall, 8 p.m.
- Annie, TCC Roper Performing Arts Center, Oct. 12-14
- The Bubbly Black Girl Sheds Her Chameleon Skin at Generic Theater (under Chrysler Hall) Oct.12 – Nov. 4.
Saturday, October 13:
- 56th Annual Ocean View Art show, Ocean View Beach, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Oct. 13-14
- The Markets Fare at East Beach. 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Legends & Heavy Hitters of Soul, Chrysler Hall, 8 p.m.
- Thornton Wilder’s Our Town, opens Oct. 17 at the Wells Theater through November 4.
- Fourth Annual NEON festival, NEON District, Oct. 18 – 19
- Book talk, reception, signing with Michael Twitty, The Cooking Gene, Slover Library 5:30 p.m.
- NBA Youngboy, Ted Constant Convocation Center, 7 p.m.
- Commonwealth Coastal Classic, Town Point Park, noon to 5 p.m.
- 31st Annual Fall Town Point Virginia Wine Festival, Town Point Park, Oct. 20-21
- Stockley Gardens Fall Art Festival, Stockley Gardens, 10 a.m. – 5 p. m. Oct. 20-21
- Sloth Day, Virginia Zoo, 11:30 a.m. -1:30 p.m.
- Garden Heritage Celebration, Norfolk Botanical Garden
- Nathaniel Philbrick, In the Hurricane’s Eye, Talk, book signing, Slover Library 2 p.m.
- From Here to Eternity Twilight 5k Run-Walk –Run Like a Victorian! Elmwood Cemetery, 5 p.m.
- Bolero, Virginia Symphony, Chrysler Hall, 8 p.m.
- Vincent Herring, saxophone, Attucks Theatre, 8 p.m.
- The Greatest Love of All, Whitney Houston Show, Chrysler Hall, 7:30 p.m., October 21
Halloween celebrations! October 26-28
- Wicked Waterside return of the 80s, 6-10 p.m.
- ZooBoo, Virginia Zoo, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Halloween Kids pictures, pet pictures, parade and trick or treating, MacArthur Center
- Haunting of the Hermitage, 7 p.m.
- Ghost Stories and Legends of the Norfolk Waterfront, Victory Rover 7 p.m.
- Haunted Circus, Granby Theater, 9 p.m. – 2 a.m.
- R&B After Dark Moonlight Cruise, Spirit of Norfolk, midnight to 2 a.m.
- Riverview Village Days
Click here for more information.
Check in with SevenVenues, VisitNorfolk, Festevents, Downtown Norfolk Council, NEON District, Nauticus, the Hermitage Museum & Gardens, the Norfolk Botanical Garden, the Virginia Zoo, the Virginia Symphony, the Virginia Stage Company, Waterside District, MacArthur Center, the Ted Constant Center, the TCC Roper Performing Arts Center, Victory Rover, Spirit of Norfolk and the NorVa for specific event listings and information.