Townhouse fire in Virginia Beach displaces 2 adults, 9 animals

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. – Two adults, eight rabbits and a cat have been displaced after a townhouse fire in the 900 block of Prince William Court Saturday morning.

Dispatchers received a call at 5:30 a.m. for the fire. Crews arrived within minutes and found smoke and fire inside a bathroom. An exhaust fan had overheated, causing significant smoke throughout the townhouse.

One adult was transported to the hospital for smoke inhalation. The townhome suffered minor structural damage.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.